Friday 2 January 2015

What is the Euro Trip?

Hello! I'm Rob, I'm 22, and I love European music and the Eurovision Song Contest.

When I say I love European music, I really mean it, just ask my friends! All genres, all nations. This means that when it comes to showcasing new and exciting European music on this blog, you can expect a massive variety of songs.

I started the Euro Trip as a radio show during my time at University. Every Sunday evening at 9pm the Euro Trip would fill the airwaves. I would spend the week running up to the show selecting the songs which would be played, aiming to represent as many nations and genres as possible. As part of this I also began putting together a European Music Chart, a rundown of what was #1 in different European countries that week - this is something which will continue in the future.

Having graduated in the summer, I was fortunate that my show was nominated for a highly prestigious Student Radio Award, something which served as extra motivation to keep the Euro Trip alive.

So what can you expect to find on this blog in the future? To be quite honest, anything and everything to do with European Music and Eurovision. So that might be opinion pieces from me on different songs or artists, or indeed my thoughts on how the next Eurovision Song Contest is shaping up. (I'm lucky enough to be going to Vienna, and I'm very excited!)

The most exciting (in my opinion) part of all this is the start of the Euro Trip podcast, something which will begin at the end of this month! You'll be able to listen on here, and all comments are welcome.

Feel free to follow the Euro Trip or me personally on Twitter @Euro_Trip & @roblilley1 respectively.

In the meantime here's my Student Radio Award entry as an example of what you can expect once the podcast is up and running, enjoy!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment