Thursday 14 January 2016

BELGIUM: Who will we be supporting in Eurosong 2016?

Rob, Emily and Tom take a look ahead to this weekend's Belgian Eurosong Final, as they declare who they'll be supporting on Sunday.

#TEAMADIL
ROB


While most people (as you'll see later in this post) are supporting Tom, there's something about Adil and his song 'In Our Nature' which has won me round. Firstly I think he has an excellent stage presence, and showed this during last week's show. The way he interacts with the audience and reflects the emotion of the song isn't a million miles away from Loic in 2015.

The there's the vocal...wow! His voice is haunting in its power, especially in the opening few lines of the song. For me this song is Belgium's wildcard choice, one which will either bomb in Stockholm, or continue their improved form in the contest.

Tom is the easy choice, and for me it's Adil who deserves the ticket to Eurovision.


#TEAMTOM
EMILY


From listening to the snippets and the full live songs over the weekend, I’d love to see Tom win Eurosong. His song is very modern, gets stuck in my head and personally I believe that the only competition he has is Laura, who has a similar pop modern song, and although Laura won the pointless televote on the last Eurosong show, I think Tom has a good chance of winning through the power of his stage performance, and “I’m Not Lost” is vocally perfect on stage. 

Comparing it to other National Finals, I think this is the same quality as something you’d see on more “popular” shows such as Melodifestivalen as it’s a lovely pop number. I’m Team Tom!


ELLIOT


This Saturday the Belgian national selection, Eurosong comes to an end and at times it has felt like a very long three weeks, but with the five competing songs fully released now, I have made a reason and justification as for who in my mind should represent Belgium in Stockholm.
First and foremost following their high placing of 4th last year, it is very unlikely any of the five acts will replicate that feat, I however have got my winner of Eurosong locked in and who I will be rooting for – Tom.

Being honest I thought after his first performance, he was bottom and was curtains for Tom, but when he brought out his own song “I’m Not Lost” he was the winner for me, no second guessing, so maybe yes maybe no.

The reason I love Tom and his song so much is everything works, from his look on stage down to the melody of the song and the performance, it reminds a lot of something One Republic would produce and release. The chorus is catchy and sticks in my mind, for me it is the most memorable song from the selection and for me if it goes to Stockholm. I can see this going to the final, maybe not placing in top ten or top fifteen, but still in the final nonetheless.



Don't forget to let us know who you'll be supporting on Sunday, tweet us your favourite to @theeuro_trip.

No comments:

Post a Comment